10 hotels in Uruguay
1. Altos del Arapey, the first all inclusive of Uruguay, in Termas del Daymán
Eight thermal pools, 18-hole golf course, SPA and many leisure activities. At mealtime, an all-inclusive system with show-cooking stations. Such is the Hotel Altos del Arapey. You think that’s it? For the more demanding, the hotel has its landing strip for private planes and a heliport.
2. My Suites Boutique Hotel & Wine Bar, Uruguay’s Only Wine Hotel
Suites decorated with reddish tones, introduction courses to the wine list and dinners combined with significant premium labels. The My Suites hotel invites you to the warm Pocitos neighborhood in Montevideo, just a few meters from the Rambla, where the Uruguayan wineries are represented on every floor of the property.
3. Costa Colonia Riverside, the best sunset in Colonia del Sacramento
It is a must see in the late afternoon in the lofts and suites overlooking the river or have a drink at the Morena Resto Bar. Only 100 meters from the Río de la Plata, this hotel in Colonia del Sacramento has two swimming pools and a wide range of massages.
4. Viuda del Diablo, sleeping listening to the sea in Punta del Diablo
On the Virgen de la Viuda beach, whirlpools with panoramic views and à la carte breakfast served in the room. That is the proposal of Pousada Viuda del Diablo, a few minutes from the Farol de la Viuda, in front of the sea and surrounded by dunes.
5. Awa Boutique Design, international design in Punta del Este
Restaurant specializing in international cuisine and tea afternoons, a small cinema and pool deck are services that compliment the main attraction of the Awa Hotel in Punta del Este, its ambiance: design furniture, national artists’ paintings and suites with adornments designed By Sealy and Philippe Starck.
6. Laguna Garzón Lodge, rest floating in the water
How about relaxing in rooms that float or in a clubhouse on stilts in the water, a few meters of deserted ocean beaches? At Laguna Garzón Lodge, you can enjoy water sports, bird watching and hike in the area.
7. Sofitel Montevideo Casino Carrasco & Spa, France in Montevideo
Hotel for “born vivant,” in an exclusive area of Montevideo, Sofitel Carrasco combines French luxury and art in every one of its spaces, from the rooms to the Restaurant 1921, to a 3000 m² Casino. Indoor pool, SPA and 24-hour concierge service complete the hotel’s facilities.
8. Serena Hotel, uniquely built on the sand of Playa Mansa, in Punta del Este
The chaises in the sand and the deck with pergolas make the Serena Hotel a real extension of the beach. The infinity pool, a Mediterranean cuisine restaurant, free parking and Wi-Fi throughout the building also make the hotel irresistible.
9. Narbona Wine Lodge, to travel to the mid-twentieth century, just minutes from Carmelo
Country and rustic, the Narbona Wine Lodge invites you to disconnect from the world: cycling among the olive groves, picnicking in the vineyards, horseback riding or walking through the winery are some of the activities available in Narbonne.
10. Playa VIK, panoramic swimming pool, unique decoration and avant-garde architecture in José Ignacio
Playa VIK offers a unique experience. Each corner of the hotel is a work of art, where the infinity pool and outdoor lounge, both overlooking the sea, and the architectural style attract all eyes. That is, a hotel to afford, at least once in life.