How Desk Jobs Ruin Your Health
What Can You Do?
Some companies strive to motivate their workers to be more active by placing water coolers and dustbins far from the desks, installing foosball tables or table tennis and organizing meetings and training sessions where the employees have to move.
Also, scientists and doctors give the following recommendations:
- Take long walks more often.
- Don’t stay seated when you using public transport.
- Walk to your colleague’s desk instead of calling them on the phone.
- Have standing meetings more often.
- Take a walk during your lunch break or eat outside.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take short breaks from work to do some simple stretching.