Discover the health benefits of an ear massage
How to perform an ear massage on yourself
Try these moves:
- Gently pull the top of your ear, holding it with your thumb and index finger. Slowly rub your fingers back and forth while making your way to the outer edge of your ear.
- Stroke the crease behind your ear with downward movements. You can also try to trace the outlines and curves of your auricle — pinch the lobe with your fingers and gently move up the ear.
- Pull the earlobe away from your head. Pinch the lobe between your fingers again and make circular movements with them, slowly kneading the lobe.
- Pull the skin behind your ear too and move down the outline of the ear. You can do this until your fingers reach your jawline.
- Place your palm over your ear so it’s completely covered. Press onto your ear and slide your palm down to make the top part of your auricle curl.
- Cover the auricle with your palm again and start making circular movements with your hand.