The microbes in your body that you couldn't live without
Only about 10% of the trillions of cells in a human body are actually human! The other 90% are bacteria, viruses, and other microbes, mostly located in the digestive system and on the skin. We have more DNA from the bacteria than we have from our own body tissue. And the genes of those microbes are more responsible for human survival than the genes of our own human body!Just as we cannot live without air and water, we cannot live without our microbes. A person who lacks the normal microbes in the gut is likely to encounter problems like weight gain and illness.