How To Know If Your WhatsApp Has Been Hacked And How To Fix It
Here are a few tips to help you prevent your WhatsApp account from being hacked –
- First things first, you should log out of all the computers and connected devices that are under the WhatsApp web. Make it a habit to do this every time you use WhatsApp on your computer devices. This prevents hackers from reading your chats even if they get access to your account online.
- Never leave your phone unattended when you are out. Even if it’s with friends or a group of known people.
- It is best to lock all your apps to prevent unknown people from accessing your personal information on the phone. There are a lot of different apps available for free that help you lock your apps for privacy and security reasons.
- Never connect your smartphone to an unknown Wi-Fi connection. This is one of the easiest ways for hackers to get access to your unique IP address or MAC address and easily gain access to all your chats.
- In case you are an unfortunate victim to WhatsApp hacking, the best thing to do is to email firstname.lastname@example.org asking them to deactivate your account. The account is automatically deleted if it is not accessed for 30 days.