70-year-old St. George nursing home
Saint George Church of Tehran, is an Armenian Apostolic church in Tehran, Iran. It is the second oldest church in Tehran after the Church of Saints Thaddeus and Bartholomew. During the reign of Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar, Armenians were relocated from Tbilisi and Artsakh to western parts of Tehran after his campaigns in Georgia. This church was established by two of these Armenians, Hovsepain and Stepanian, in 1795 as a small chapel. In 1871, an Armenian school was established beside the church and the current building of the church is from 1882.